Saturday, October 17, 2009

Darkstalkers Entry (EDIT: ROUGHS ADDED AT BOTTOM)

I just remembered this morning that I never posted my accepted entry to the Darkstalkers contest on the blog. I had a lot of fun working on this and want to thank Udon for the awesome book. If you haven't seen it yet you should go check it out here. I have a couple more doodles and ideas of other characters that I was toying with for the contest that I will post but I need to dig them up first. I was also wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing my rough ideas for this image? I have quite a few that show how I work in the beginning stages before I take it into Photoshop.

ROUGHS
not the most beautiful sketches in the world but you can see the progression of the idea starting from top left and moving horizontal left down to the bottom right where I took it to photoshop to finish. I try to keep these kind of sketches really quick and really rough so I don't get attached to anything more than the broad strokes and the big picture of what I am working on. Normally won't spend more than a couple minutes on each image.

17 comments:

Gabriel Olson said...

Let's see the roughs. Nice flow on this big boobied snow beast.

Jesse Larsen said...

I concur, lets see the roughs man. I really liked your Talbain too. I might just order this book.

Jim's doodles said...

I totally want to see some roughs.

Andrea Cammarata said...

Woah!! Always good stuffs here!

Great Joe!!!!!

Tatevik Avakyan said...

Very nice!

Jason Crawford. said...

Hello there - awesome stuff. Love your work.
I'd be keen also to see any conceptual stuff.

Cheers

REM-Brant said...

show the ruffs!

AB said...

Bring on the roughs

Ken Chandler said...

Powerful imagery! Awesome Yeti!
He rocks.

I'd love to see your preliminary work.

Kevin Keele said...

This is my favorite of the Darkstalkers fan art. Awesome!

chris said...

Love the pizza nips lol. Love your work, i hope to be a pro artist some day, until then i will drool over your sweet eye candy.

krapula said...

of course we're interested!! Let's post the roughs!

Ken said...

haha this is great! a real fun image... congrats on getting it in the book too. Sure, share the roughs!!

Joe said...

roughs added and boy are they ever.

alex young said...

線上遊戲,下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,網站,遊戲,小說,文學,色情,aio,影片,臺灣,小遊戲,論壇,情人,視訊,小說,言情小說,圖片,用品,情趣,漫畫,情色網,情色,遊戲,85cc,嘟嘟,網站,18成人,影片,交友,貼圖,圖片,圖片,文章,小說,光碟,微風,影片,漫畫,文學,遊戲,電影,論壇,成人,做愛,aio,小說,聊天室,聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園,視訊,聊天,哈啦,聊天,成人,中部人,免費視訊,交友,美女,視訊,正妹牆,交友,女人,美女,寫真,遊戲

prashant said...

I totally want to see some roughs.
Work from home India

Anonymous said...

酒店打工 酒店兼職
台北酒店 打工兼差 酒店工作
酒店經紀 禮服店
酒店兼差 酒店上班 酒店PT 酒店 酒店喝酒 酒店消費 喝花酒 粉味