Monday, November 10, 2008

Marker and Pro White Demos

Below are two marker/pro white demos that I did for students in a class I teach at BYU. I love markers and pro white, tech pens too. I sometimes think I like them so much because everything in my life has slowly worked its way to digital. To clarify, pro white is a fairly inexpensive white semi-opaque solution that you paint over your markers to add highlights and lighten areas that are too dark. It is usually applied with a brush. I use a small one since I am usually working in my sketchbook. Below is a link with a little more information about pro white:
pro white

8 comments:

Tatevik Avakyan said...

These creatures are great! They have so much character...great work.

m3ng said...

nice work! What exactly is "Pro White"? Besides a race thing, I mean!

Joe said...

updated with a pro white link. Thanks for the comments.

The Rabidmilkman said...

That second one is the fiercest herbivore I've ever seen. Awesome stuff!

Ken Chandler said...

Love the critters! Always...
Your shading is incredible, esp. on the tusk.

Wasn't aware of Pro-White. I've been using gouache or watered down acrylics, but I might make the switch.

Jason Pruett said...

nice. I like the shapes and the volume

Gorillustrator said...

Nice!
Your creature designs are fantastic :)

devourax (dev-or-ax) said...

you are a true master monster maker!
awesome blog.
devourax