Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Chicken Little II...might as well

Thought I should post up some stuff from Chicken Little II before I forget again. Pluto was my favorite level to design for. Everything was very girthy, prison-like, and dog centric. I think that bulldogs and Boston terriers where the biggest influence as we where trying to give the whole planet(at least the technology) a guard dog feel. The work below is definitely a collaboration between several artists in order to get the finished result. The drawings/designs on these characters are mine but the coloring I will have to credit Sam Nielson and Sebastien Gallego, two of my very talented co-workers. Hopefully I will get around to posting more Chicken Little II stuff in the near future.


Buff Ruff is the warden for the prison planet. Drawing by me colors by Sam.


Foot soldier. It was harder than you would think to come up with a cool mechanical guard dog character. In the end it turned out pretty cool though. Drawing by me colors by Sam.


The mech was really fun to design. I crossed a mech with a dog and an old police cruiser and got some really fun results. Drawing by me colors by Sebastien.


The turret was supposed to be used with the Pluto ship levels as a kind of anti-aircraft weapon. I don't remember if it ever made it in. Drawing by me colors by Sebastien.

15 comments:

Tim Bye said...

Great work Joe! Really impressive stuff here. It's obvious you had fun making these characters!

ljay said...

Joe these are terriffic!! fantastic job on these...must be nice teaming up with guys like sebastien...very talented as well! LOVE that color!

Heather said...

Love your blog, that just must be amazing. Great character design, very unique.

Heather:-)

RoB said...

AMAZING! Your blog rocks! I totally dig the foot soldier. Awesome work!

~!WoOtWoOt!~

Ron Jensen said...

I didn't really like chicken little. But I think I want to play the video game you guys are working on just because your designs look so cool.

Jed said...

i love how you can make it a cyclops boston terrior, and it still looks like a boston terrier. This is great stuff. I love the bipedal robot one the best.

jed

S.T. Lewis said...

Nice backgrounds. Just kidding. These are great, Joe. Since I got here mid-production on this thing, I never knew who did what as far as designing goes. It's nice to learn all of that in the blogs. Great stuff, Joe.

GhettoFab said...

Heya Joe,
All of these are great. I especially like the top one. You can tell he means business! Awesome as all get out!

Tyler (characters N' sketches) said...

"All mighty Joe"!!!!

fun stuff, I likey the mike mignola look alike!!!


fuuuuun

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Really amazing stuff Joe !! I like all of these loads !

Ryan Wood said...

Terrific designs, Joe! The dog Vader @ the bottom is excellent, and Buff Ruff creeps me out a little with those eyes. Nice stuff, man!

sedyas said...

O_O Incredible designs, Joe. Congratulations!

Joe said...

Thanks for the comments.

Mattias said...

wonderful stuff, I'll link you up as well

Andrew W. Moir said...

Cool designs and nice realism with the colors. Great work. :)