Thursday, November 02, 2006

Robotronic rabbit killing arm, Korean grim reaper, Luchador, and more

Rabbit killing bloke. Rabbits, baldness, and robotic arms are some of my favorite themes. Hopefully this image does well to combine them all. I love drawing villains too.

I was feeling very inspired by folklore tales of the Korean grim reaper. I wish I could remember what he is called in Korean...and yes, I know that the kanji isn't Korean. If anyone knows of a good book or site that has images of characters from oriental folklore and myths I would love to hear about it.

Everyone loves a good luchador. I hope to color this guy here soon. Iy you can decipher Mayan glyphs or know anything about mesoamerican symbolism this guy will probably be a bit cooler, but just a little bit.

This is your typical everyday depresion era hero.

She is a girl...with knives. I hate this drawing. I was thinking of not even posting it, but I will just because I know I will never redo it.

16 comments:

S.T. Lewis said...

They're all great, but the rabbit-killing guy is my favorite. I love how relaxed he is about it... leaning back with his hand in his pocket. The design of the arm is great too... such a complex mechanism for killing rabbits. And the shape of the rabbits and the expressions they've got... all GOLD! Nicely done, Joe.

David Malan said...

Awesome, I think you should paint the luchador(for non-spanish speakers, that means wrestler) or the Rabbit arm they are really really cool.

Seth Hippen said...

It's really interesting how there's often a different "favorite" for everyone leaving a comment. My favorite is the Korean Grim Reaper. It feels like you really let loose creatively on that one. It's unique, interesting, and appealing all at the same time! Well done.

Ryan Wood said...

Joe, those top two are my faves, bravo man! That rabbit-stalker is wonderful, so innocent looking.

Nathan Lindsay said...

I'm with Seth. The Reaperson is my fav.

i mensah said...

my fav is the grim reaper too. Draw the whole figure sometime

Dave McClellan said...

Yup, the KGR rules.

flipstudios said...

Joe, you are freakishly good. i'll be back, then i'll be back again and then i'll be back some more.

-andrew

elephantmarchblog said...

I love the kornean grim reaper

Ron Jensen said...

The rabbit arm dude turned out hillarious. I couldn't stop looking at it. Very funny.

Adam Ford said...

Man these are fantastic! I really don't have anything else to say.

GhettoFab said...

whoo hooo much goodness! I Like all of these designs!
Would you like to come to my room for some toast these nite?

Jedulous said...

i love the robot arm and the bunnies. they look like beer cans. so grabable. especially with a claw.

Joe said...

Thanks for the comments

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Love the guy with that mad robotic arm and the girl piccy is sweet too !

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember what he is called in Korean
-> I think it's called 저승사자(jeo seung sa ja).
Well, you do have talent in painting. Cool, I like it.