Saturday, July 22, 2006

MORE

This was the right before the final cyclops. He was almost there but still lacked a little something that I think was nailed pretty well in the final design

Too chameleon, and definetly too slow and dumb looking to be Rico.

Funny, but too earthly influenced.

This guy was one of the first cyclops designs.

This was one of the designs that helped us nail down what we didn't want the cow character to be like.

This gladiator was way too spare parts for the liking of the class. He is kind of like a big furry burrito with arms, legs, and a snake head.

These are some of the many drawings I did for the little boy in the short.


These where the drawings of the mom that I did. The one on the far right is pretty close to the one that will be in the short.

16 comments:

HELVER ASBETH said...

estos personajes son geniales! muy monsters inc! ....me encanta el niño de la cobija!

S.T. Lewis said...

Great design work, Joe. I like the gator, even though he's "too earthly." Give him his own spin-off. The furry burrito's great, too. Cool stuff.

Kevin Keele said...

Great designs, as always, Joe. The spare parts, furry burrito, snake head voodoo monster is my favorite!

GhettoFab said...

awesome to see the progress on you character stuff! muy bueno!

justinpatrickparpan said...

These are great. Love your character design work man!

Ben Reynolds said...

cool stuff Joe..love that first cyclops!

Ken Chandler said...

Really amazing sketches Joe! I can't wait to see the fruits of this labor. Looks like a really great project and you guys are having a good time, I can see that in your work.
Fantastic work!

Joe said...

The comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Gerald said...

Your characters are so awesome!

Alexei Martins said...

Your characters RULES dude!!!!!!Awesome!!!!

Tyler (characters N' sketches) said...

i reallyt liked the chamelion design!! and the..well pretty much all of em. im glad you posted more. its nice to be able to study artists styles, so the more you put up the more i have to drool over haha

Sebastien Gallego said...

I worship you, Master of big shape making! I'm excited to see what you will come up with next.

Marmax said...

Love em all! Especially the monsters!

Alden V said...

awesome design work, dude!!!

Joe said...

Thanks all! Glad to hear that you guys liked some of the designs out of my dump of rejected drawings.

Jeepers! said...

I really dig these designs. Maybe we can work together someday. Check out my blog!